Schools on Internet Governance (SIGs) have been around for over a decade. Having started in 2007 with the European School on Internet Governance (EuroSSIG) in Meissen / Germany, the schools have spread around the world. Each of the schools has developed its curriculum based on its local needs as well as local availabilities. Some bring in international faculty, some prefer to restrict to local faculty.
Each of the schools has also developed its own method of funding as well as for selecting its students. Some teach at a basic level to students who have no experience with Internet governance, while others work with young professionals all of whom have some experience in Internet governance.
Though different in numerous ways, the SIGs all go under a similar name and have much to share with each other. The Dynamic Coalition creates a space where SIGs can gather and work together on sharing techniques, curricula and educational innovations.
Furthermore, the DC can help building a network for faculties and alumni’s and provide an overview of schools for potential fellows.
Meeting of the DC SIG in 2017 at IGF in Geneva.
List of founding members:
Civil society, academia:
- Wolfgang Kleinwächter, SIG Founder and Prof. Emeritus University of Aarhus
- Avri Doria, SIG Faculty, Technicalities
- Anriette Esterhuysen, AfriSIG, Association for Progressive Communication
- Sandra Hoferichter, Rainer Rodewald, EuroSSIG
- Olga Cavalli, Adrián Carballo, ArgenSIG, South School on Internet Governance, University of Buenos Aires
- Eduardo Díaz, North American School of Internet Governance (NASIG)
- Sébastien Bachollet (end user), EFGI, Ecole Française de la Gouvernance de l’Internet (in project)
- Satish Babu, APSIG, India SIG
- Jacqueline Eggenschwiler, EuroSSIG alumna, University of Oxford
- Lianna Galstyan, Armenian School on Internet Governance
- Mary Uduma, Nigerian IGF / SIG
- Amir Qayyum, PkSIG Faculty
- Carolina Ines Aguerre
- Robert Pepper, Facebook
- Keith Drazek, Verisign
- Jörg Schweiger, DENIC
- Nigel Hickson, ICANN
- Chris Buckridge, Marco Hogewoning, RIPE NCC
- Hartmut Glaser, Brazil SIG, CGI.br
- Fiona Alexander, NTIA (USA)
- Christina Arida, NTRA (Egypt)
- Thomas Schneider, OFCOM Switzerland